Amazon Dash buttons could revolutionize online CPG sales. In fact, they could completely rewire consumers’ loyalty to brands. Here are the fast facts.
- For those of you who haven’t seen one yet…Dash is a prominently branded small plastic button that allows Amazon Prime members (50% of US households) to reorder their favorite products with just one click. Shoppers pay $4.99 for each button, but the money is refunded on the first purchase.
- Dash buttons are available from over 100 brands, ranging from Tide, Cottonelle, and Bounty, to Slim Jim, Beyond natural pet food, and Trojan Condoms.
- Amazon says they receive roughly 10,000 Dash orders per week.
- The average Dash user buys every two months and spends between $10 and $30 per order.
- About half of the people who purchased a Dash button between May 2015 and March 2016, have used it.
- The average Dash purchaser is a prototypical technology early adopter.
- Cutting edge marketers are starting to think about how Dash will impact brand loyalty and marketing communication.
What are the implications for your business?
- How will Dash impact consumers’ relationship with you? Once a consumer has a competitor’s button in their house, how will you get them to try your product?
- How many buttons will consumers buy before they start to feel overwhelmed? Imagine your home with buttons attached to everything you might need to purchase…
For help developing powerful digital strategies that work, compelling marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, contact Brandology at 925-417-2253 or Maura@Brandology.com.
Sources: 1010data 2016, Ad Age 2016, Brand Channel 2016, Business Wire 2016, Drugstore News 2016