Santa and his helpers will be tapping and clicking their way through the holidays. Over half of all mobile phone and tablet owners say they will use their device to save money, save time, and find the perfect presents this year.
Consumers are not necessarily going to buy a lot of gifts on their smartphones. In fact, PriceGrabber estimates only 6% of holiday purchases will be mobile commerce. While that is 50% greater than last year, it’s still miniscule.
The vast majority of shoppers who plan to use their smartphone will leverage it for pre-shopping and during trips to bricks and mortar retailers.
- 70% will compare prices on their device
- 52% will look at deals and coupons in-store
- 48% will read product reviews
- 40% will check inventory before going to a physical store
- 33% will download a shopping app
“Showroom shopping” will be a popular approach, with almost 60% admitting they will look at products in-store and use their mobile to see if they can find them cheaper online. At the same time, 40% say they will use their phone to find the information they need to request a price match.
We should think about...
- Are we prepared for mobile commerce this holiday season?
- How can we help consumers with pre-shopping on their devices?
For help developing powerful marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, call Brandology at 925-417-2253. Click here
to learn more about the range of services we offer.