We’ve all got mobile marketing and m-commerce on our priority list. But, nothing brings home just how important they are for sales and profits like a quick dose of consumer insights.
- In the past 3 years, consumers have doubled how much time they spend with digital content. 93% of that extra time occurs on mobile devices.
- Americans average more time connected to the Internet via mobile than via desktops and laptops combined.
- 8 in 10 smartphone owners say the first thing they do after waking up is check their device.
- For every hour consumers spend reading newspapers or magazines, they spend seven hours on their mobile device.
- The typical cellphone owner spends 75% more time daily on their mobile than listening to the radio.
- 25% of all B-to-C emails worldwide are opened on a smartphone. An additional 7% are viewed on a tablet. These numbers are even higher during holiday season.
- Consumers are more likely to share social content via a mobile than a desktop/laptop.
- 88% of owners say having a smartphone makes them buy more spontaneously.
- Americans expect it to be easier to purchase something via mobile than via a desktop or offline.
What are the implications for your business?
- Have you optimized every aspect of your mobile website, including your shopping experience?
- Is your email marketing designed for reading on a mobile device?
- Does your social media marketing plan assume most sharing is done on a cellphone?
If you would like to keep up-to-speed with how consumers use social media, technology and the Internet, check out The Digital American 2013. Click here for a free sample.
For help developing powerful marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, contact Brandology at 925-417-2253 or Maura@Brandology.com.
Sources: Comscore 2013, eMarketer 2013, IDC 2013