Last week a 20 Something told me that he doesn’t like Instagram videos because, “They are too long and I get bored.” (They last 15 seconds.) He likes Vines better---they are only 6 seconds.
Welcome to the world of the instantly impatient.
- 57% of consumers will abandon a website if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load. 80% will never return.
- Americans are much more understanding with mobile websites. The average person will wait a full 4 seconds before they give up.
- Mobile apps are expected to load faster than mobile sites. The average smartphone owner wants them ready to go in under 2 seconds.
- If a video doesn’t start playing within 2 seconds, viewers will desert it in droves.
- Google says that a 400 millisecond delay (that’s the time it takes to blink your eye) causes users to search less.
- 60% of customers will wait less than 1 minute on hold for customer service. Almost one-third believes their call should be answered immediately, with no hold time.
What have you done lately to speed up your business?
What are the implications for your business?
- Have you checked the load time for your website, mobile app, mobile site, and tablet optimized site? (You have optimized your site for tablets, right?)
- Have you just said no to technology bells and whistles that slow down your site?
- Are you meeting customers’ expectations for incredibly short wait times for service in the real and virtual world?
If you would like to keep up-to-speed with how consumers use social media, technology and the Internet, check out The Digital American 2013. Click here for a free sample.
For help developing powerful marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, contact Brandology at 925-417-2253 or Maura@Brandology.com.
Sources: Keynote 2013, New York Times 2013, Velaro 2012, University of