When Snapchat first catapulted onto the social media scene, most business people thought it had no marketing applications. What could an app that sends pictures that disappear do for a brand?
Two years later, It turns out the answer is, “A lot. Really a lot.”
Here are six reasons why your brand should be active on Snapchat.
- Millennials love Snapchat. 77% of college students use it daily. Users send over 400 million snaps each day.
- Users are likely to engage with brands on Snapchat. Almost 70% of college students say they will follow brands on Snapchat, and even more plan to open messages from brands.
- It’s free.
- It’s fresh. When was the last time you saw Facebook marketing and thought, “Wow, that’s really interesting?”
- Other brands are doing fascinating things. The Danish branch of the World Wildlife Fund is running a campaign called “Don’t Let This Be My Last Selfie” with disappearing pictures of animals that are on the verge of extinction. What great coordination of media and message!
- It’s authentic. You don’t have a lot of freedom with formats on Snapchat and you certainly can’t photoshop pictures. That means you have to be yourself---and consumers love brands that are real.
What are the implications for your business?
- Have you explored what other brands are doing on Snapchat? Check out articles to learn about Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Evian and Heineken’s campaigns.
- Why not do your own Snapchat marketing test? It’s inexpensive, and if it doesn’t work, that’s all right, it will be gone before you know it.
For help developing powerful digital strategies that work, compelling marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, contact Brandology at 925-417-2253 or Maura@Brandology.com.
Sources: Adweek 2014, Business to Community 2014, Mashable 2014, Time 2014