The consumer packaged goods industry has been slow to adopt Instagram. In fact, the percent of top CPG brands on Instagram is lower than for almost all other sectors.
Below are nine fast facts to convince yourself (and your boss) that you should be more active on Instagram.
- Instagram has almost doubled its user base in the past year. With 300 million monthly active users, it is now larger than Twitter.
- Consumers are orders of magnitude more likely to interact with posts on Instagram than on Facebook or Twitter.
- The rate of engagement with Instagram has almost doubled in the past 12 months.
- Instagram posts have some staying power. More than 50% of engagement with top photos happens after 13 hours.
- In 2014, almost three quarters of teens declared Instagram their favorite social net, replacing Facebook.
- Teens say the best way for brands to reach them on social media is via Instagram, ahead of both Twitter and Facebook.
- Instagram is giving Twitter a run for its money on delivering breaking news. Americans are turning to Instagram to get the news in pictures rather than words.
- 86% of the top 100 US brands have an Instagram account.
- Two thirds of Americans are concerned about privacy on Facebook, only 35% are worried about Instagram.
What are the implications for your business?
- Are you ready to integrate Instagram into your 2015 marketing plan?
- Have you considered pruning your social media channels to just the ones with the most impact?
For help developing powerful digital strategies that work, compelling marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, contact Brandology at 925-417-2253 or Maura@Brandology.com.
Sources: Forrester 2014, Harris Interactive 2014, New York Post 2014, Piper Jaffray 2014, Simply Measured 2014, Wired 2014