marketers talk about social media, they almost never mention LinkedIn. If they do, it tends to be an afterthought or in the context of career development.
That’s a mistake.
Here are 6 powerful reasons why you should be marketing on LinkedIn, no matter what you sell.
- The average consumer who clicks from LinkedIn to an ecommerce site spends $207, $42 more than via Facebook.
- Before you say, “But nobody buys anything based on a LinkedIn post,” the social network has the second highest growth of clickbacks to ecommerce sites, surpassed only by Facebook. (Really. I double checked.)
- More US adults use LinkedIn than Twitter. And, that gap is widening over time.
- The majority of content marketers (aren’t we all doing content marketing now?) say LinkedIn is the most effective social channel.
- LinkedIn users are an attractive target market: well educated, with high household incomes, and crossing all age ranges.
- The network is responsible for over 80% of all B-to-B leads generated by social media.
Sounds like an interesting marketing channel, doesn’t it?
What are the implications for your business?
- Should you create a LinkedIn marketing strategy?
- Is it time to dust off your company page and your personal profile on LinkedIn?
For help developing powerful digital strategies that work, compelling marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, contact Brandology at 925-417-2253 or Maura@Brandology.com.
Sources: AddShoppers 2015, Business2Community 2016, Impact 2015, Sprout Social 2015