Consumers are more interested in ads on podcasts than in any other medium. In fact, two-thirds of podcast listeners have acted after hearing an ad—either seeking more information or buying the product.
Here are the fast facts about podcasts.
- 40% of Americans have tried a podcast, and 67 million adults listen at least monthly.
- Almost half of all listeners are 18-34 years old.
- The average listener is affluent, well-educated and employed full-time.
- Listeners rarely skip podcast ads. 75% always or usually listen to the commercials.
- 85% of people stick with podcast episodes the whole way to the end.
- Podcast listeners spend more time with podcasts than any other audio including streaming music, the radio, or their own music library.
- The average user listens to 5 different podcasts per week.
- “Connected,” “intelligent” and “energized” are the three most common emotions consumers experience after listening to a podcast.
- Podcast listenership is growing at a steady rate, increasing roughly 10-15% per year.
Sources: Comscore 2016, Edison Research 2017