Email doesn’t sound as sexy as Snapchat or Periscope, but boy does it work — even better than in the past.
Here are the fast facts.
- Email open rates have increased 10% in the past year after rising 6% the previous 12 months.
- 59% of consumers say that emails influence what they buy.
- The #1 way emails impact purchases is by reminding consumers to shop.
- The number of Americans that receive marketing emails and then interact with the brand is at an all-time high.
- Only 29% of consumers have a separate address for marketing emails. Even then, over a third check that email multiple times during the day.
- As of mid-2015, more people open emails on mobiles than on desktops/laptops.
- Consumers who open emails on their smartphones are more likely to buy than those who use other devices.
- The ideal frequency for marketing emails is once a week.
- Almost half of people who unsubscribe from lists would stay if they were offered the option to receive emails less frequently.
What are the implications for your business?
- Are you spending enough time/money on your email marketing?
- Have you spent time optimizing everything about your email marketing from responsive design to path-to-purchase?
For help developing powerful digital strategies that work, compelling marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, contact Brandology at 925-417-2253 or Maura@Brandology.com.
Sources: Blue Hornet 2015, Marketing Charts 2015, Media Post 2015, YesMail 2015