More Millennials and Gen Xers watch YouTube than cable TV each week. What’s more, 43% of Boomers watch YouTube weekly, more than watch network TV.
If that doesn’t make you sit up straighter and say, “We really should focus more on our YouTube marketing,” here are 6 more fascinating facts about YouTube’s growth, power, and marketing potential.
- The average user watches 40 minutes of YouTube during each session on their mobile device. Last year, that number was 27 minutes.
- Consumers now spend 60% more time on YouTube each month than they did a year ago.
- YouTube’s homepage traffic has tripled in the past 12 months.
- Funny videos are the #1 type of content shared on social media. Many of them start on YouTube.
- 13-18 year olds’ favorite stars are all YouTubers, not mainstream celebrities. These stars are viewed as more authentic and relatable than traditional Hollywood personalities.
- YouTube is one of the top four brands with buzz among Millennials, Hispanics and African Americans.
At the same time, traditional TV viewership continues to decline among all Americans, especially Millennials.
What are the implications for your business?
- What roles does YouTube play in your marketing plan?
- Should you prioritize YouTube given its reach and impact?
For help developing powerful digital strategies that work, compelling marketing strategies that drive results, strategic plans that deliver growth, or new products that consumers love, contact Brandology at 925-417-2253 or Maura@Brandology.com.
Sources: DMR 2015, eMarketer 2015, Marketing Charts 2015, TechCrunch 2015, Variety 2014